INFORMATION ON THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Legal basis and purpose of the processing
The Data Controller processes the personal data for the following purposes:
1) to send newsletters by email containing information on its products or services, as well as promotions or invitations to events in which it will participate (“Newsletter”): in the context of this form, we do not collect consent because the processing is necessary to respond to the data subject's request to obtain our communication service;
2) to analyse the behaviour, habits and propensity to consume of data subjects, in order to meet their specific needs and improve the products and services provided by the Data Controller, also by sending personalised commercial communications (“Profiling”). For this purpose, express consent is required, which is collected through a specific request for the installation of cookies.
For the purpose referred to in point 2), Foss Marai will use automated decision-making processes to analyse:
- the Data Subject's interaction with email messages received for marketing purposes (e.g. openings, clicks, etc.);
in order to activate a communication procedure based on such analysis.
Data retention period
- for the purpose referred to in point 1), the data will be processed until the termination of the Newsletter service or the request to unsubscribe, whichever comes first.
- for the purpose referred to in point 2), the data will be processed for the 12 months following their registration, it being understood that the Data Subject may withdraw consent at any time. In any case, this is without prejudice to further retention for the time needed to settle (however reached) any disputes that may arise.
Nature of data provision and consequences of refusal to provide data
The provision is optional: if data is not provided, Foss Marai will not send any communications for marketing purposes and/or will not carry out profiling activities, but the User may still make online purchases.
Scope of data communication and categories of recipients
The Data Controller will not disclose the data, which will be communicated only to people within the Company who have been authorised to process such data on account of their duties, as well as to professionals or service companies and public and private bodies, even following inspections and audits.
Should these recipients process data on behalf of the Data Controller, they will be appointed as Data Processors with a specific contract or other legal document.
Transfer of data to a third country and/or international organisation
In order to send the newsletter, the Company uses the Mailchimp platform, whose servers are located in the United States of America. Please note that the company must refer to standard contractual clauses to legitimise this transfer.
Rights of Data Subjects
The Data Subject has the right to unsubscribe from this service at any time and may also ask the Data Controller to access his/her personal data and to correct them if inaccurate, to cancel or limit the processing if the conditions are met, and to obtain portability of the data.
Data Subjects can exercise their rights by completing the form available here and sending it to the Data Controller at the email address: email@example.com. The Data Subject also has the right to lodge a complaint with the competent Supervisory Authority, i.e. the Italian Data Protection Authority (www.garanteprivacy.it).